What is the SMN ?
Latest NewsView all
New date for the SMN SPE Euroforum 2020We are pleased to announce that we have now rescheduled the date for the...
Postponement of the Euroforum 2020SPE Aberdeen and the SMN have been in constant contact over past weeks o...
Sand Consolidation - Technology ForumThe call for abstracts is now launched for the next SMN technology forum...
The Sand Management Network invites you to submit a presentation abstract for the upcoming members’ forum on the 2nd June in Stavanger. Your company need not be members of the Sand Management Network to make a presentation.
We are seeking a broad range of presentations and encourage submissions on everything from fundamental studies in sand management to applications of the latest processes and technologies. As always technical case studies are particularly welcome.
On consulting the members recently, abstracts are invited that will address but are not limited to the following topics:
- Sand control in depleted reservoirs
- Retrofit sand control
- Heavy oil fields
- Remedial solutions
- New technologies in the market
Send your abstract (maximum 200 words) to the Sand Management Network Manager by email to Katrina.firstname.lastname@example.org by 3 April latest.
Non-member presentations welcome!
If you know of a presentation you’d like to hear from a company that is not a member of the Sand Management Network, please encourage them to submit an abstract.
Open to: SMN Members
We are pleased to announce that we have now rescheduled the date for the 2020 Euroforum to 23 - 25 November at Ardoe House Hotel.
The pre conference workshop will take place on Monday 23 November and the main forum on 24 & 25 November. We hope that the schedule will remain largely the same as previously advertised but will update you as soon as we can.
For those who booked to attend, exhibit, sponsor or present you will be hearing from us very shortly.
Open to: Public
The Sand Management Network (SMN) is an ever expanding group of upstream Oil and Gas related companies that have come together to tackle sand management related issues.
The main purpose is to "Communicate successful methods and gaps of managing sand in the North Sea and Globally to allow the continued development and operation of onshore and offshore fields"
The Sand Management Network Vision:
- To enhance the management of sand worldwide.
- The Sand Management Network; A collaborative Network community dedicated to knowledge sharing to promote effective sand management.
The Sand Management Network has been set up to address key issues including:
- Sanding Prediction
- Sand Monitoring
- Topside Management
- Sand Control
- Intelligent Systems
- Focus on Global Sand Management Issues
In addressing these issues, the network is focused on:
- Exchanging ideas on sand management technology use and effectiveness
- Communicating sand management related future field development and operation business needs / gaps
- Communicating sand management strategies for field and infill development and field operation
- Developing a high level sand management selection process using best in class techniques, procedures and equipment
- Highlighting technology gaps / required R&D to reduce costs per barrel (by either improving recovery or reducing well / operating cost)
The Sand Management Network's Mission:
- To promote opportunities for professionals to enhance their technical knowledge and contact base within an exclusive and secure community whose mission is to identify, capture, validate and improve sand management methodologies, strategies and technologies to allow the continued development and operation of onshore and offshore fields in the Global Oil and Gas industry.
SMN facilitates a specialised and expert community on the advancement of knowledge on sand management technologies, processes and strategies and drives projects based on members needs.
The Network currently consists of Operators, Service companies, Universities and the Department of Energy and Climate Change, UK.
The Network holds events and meetings where the latest research, case studies, strategies and technologies applied in sand management are presented, discussed and shared. The mixture of operators and supplier members on one hand and the University research and Industry application on the other, give different perspectives on related issues. These knowledge sharing opportunities also create the right atmosphere to question industry experts during relatively informal discussion sessions.
Our website is www.sandmanagement.com
We have a Members-only Zone and a public area.
Within the Members Zone we boast of a Sand Management Information System consisting of the SMN Library, Technical database series, Members News & Events content, Contacts Database, Quick links & the SMN Discussion forum.
(c) copyright The Sand Management Network 2002 - 2020