What is the SMN ?
Latest NewsView all
New dates for Technical ForumsThe final two Technical Forums for Phase 8 will be held on 6 June in Sta...
Call for Abstracts - Technical Forum, 2 November 2017At our last Technical Forum we focussed specifically on Downhole systems...
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS - Sand Control Fluids Delivering Well PerformanceThe Sand Management Network invites you to submit a presentation abstrac...
Following the 2017 successful members Technical Forum in Stavanger, SMN are planning another event on the 6th June. We are working on the topic and call for abstracts and details will be out soon.
Open to: SMN Members
Our last Technical Forum for Phase 8 will be at our usual venue, the Village Hotel at Prime 4 in Kingswells. We are working on the topic and call for abstracts and details will be out soon.
Open to: SMN Members
The Sand Management Network (SMN) is an ever expanding group of upstream Oil and Gas related companies that have come together to tackle sand management related issues.
The main purpose is to "Communicate successful methods and gaps of managing sand in the North Sea and Globally to allow the continued development and operation of onshore and offshore fields"
The Sand Management Network Vision:
- To enhance the management of sand worldwide.
- The Sand Management Network; A collaborative Network community dedicated to knowledge sharing to promote effective sand management.
The Sand Management Network has been set up to address key issues including:
- Sanding Prediction
- Sand Monitoring
- Topside Management
- Sand Control
- Intelligent Systems
- Focus on Global Sand Management Issues
In addressing these issues, the network is focused on:
- Exchanging ideas on sand management technology use and effectiveness
- Communicating sand management related future field development and operation business needs / gaps
- Communicating sand management strategies for field and infill development and field operation
- Developing a high level sand management selection process using best in class techniques, procedures and equipment
- Highlighting technology gaps / required R&D to reduce costs per barrel (by either improving recovery or reducing well / operating cost)
The Sand Management Network's Mission:
- To promote opportunities for professionals to enhance their technical knowledge and contact base within an exclusive and secure community whose mission is to identify, capture, validate and improve sand management methodologies, strategies and technologies to allow the continued development and operation of onshore and offshore fields in the Global Oil and Gas industry.
SMN facilitates a specialised and expert community on the advancement of knowledge on sand management technologies, processes and strategies and drives projects based on members needs.
The Network currently consists of Operators, Service companies, Universities and the Department of Energy and Climate Change, UK.
The Network holds events and meetings where the latest research, case studies, strategies and technologies applied in sand management are presented, discussed and shared. The mixture of operators and supplier members on one hand and the University research and Industry application on the other, give different perspectives on related issues. These knowledge sharing opportunities also create the right atmosphere to question industry experts during relatively informal discussion sessions.
Our website is www.sandmanagement.com
We have a Members-only Zone and a public area.
Within the Members Zone we boast of a Sand Management Information System consisting of the SMN Library, Technical database series, Members News & Events content, Contacts Database, Quick links & the SMN Discussion forum.
(c) copyright The Sand Management Network 2002 - 2020