What is the SMN ?
Latest NewsView all
Announcing the date for the Euroforum 2020The Sand Management Network, in partnership with SPE Aberdeen is delight...
Newly launched - Technology Awareness SessionsThe committee behind the Sand Management Network have been working on a ...
Call for abstracts for Feb 2019 Technical ForumThe Sand Management Network invites you to submit a presentation abstrac...
Our topic for the Technology Forum in November, being held at the Village Hotel in Aberdeen will be 'Sand Control Reliability'.
Further details to follow.
Open to: SMN Members
SMN, in association with SPE Aberdeen are delighted to announce the call for abstracts for the 9th Euroforum.
The deadline for submissions is Friday 16th August 2019 by email to email@example.com
The Forum will be held at Ardoe House Hotel as follows:
Monday 23rd March - pre conference workshop
Tuesday 24th and Wednesday 25th March - full conference and exhibition.
Open to: Public
The Sand Management Network (SMN) is an ever expanding group of upstream Oil and Gas related companies that have come together to tackle sand management related issues.
The main purpose is to "Communicate successful methods and gaps of managing sand in the North Sea and Globally to allow the continued development and operation of onshore and offshore fields"
The Sand Management Network Vision:
- To enhance the management of sand worldwide.
- The Sand Management Network; A collaborative Network community dedicated to knowledge sharing to promote effective sand management.
The Sand Management Network has been set up to address key issues including:
- Sanding Prediction
- Sand Monitoring
- Topside Management
- Sand Control
- Intelligent Systems
- Focus on Global Sand Management Issues
In addressing these issues, the network is focused on:
- Exchanging ideas on sand management technology use and effectiveness
- Communicating sand management related future field development and operation business needs / gaps
- Communicating sand management strategies for field and infill development and field operation
- Developing a high level sand management selection process using best in class techniques, procedures and equipment
- Highlighting technology gaps / required R&D to reduce costs per barrel (by either improving recovery or reducing well / operating cost)
The Sand Management Network's Mission:
- To promote opportunities for professionals to enhance their technical knowledge and contact base within an exclusive and secure community whose mission is to identify, capture, validate and improve sand management methodologies, strategies and technologies to allow the continued development and operation of onshore and offshore fields in the Global Oil and Gas industry.
SMN facilitates a specialised and expert community on the advancement of knowledge on sand management technologies, processes and strategies and drives projects based on members needs.
The Network currently consists of Operators, Service companies, Universities and the Department of Energy and Climate Change, UK.
The Network holds events and meetings where the latest research, case studies, strategies and technologies applied in sand management are presented, discussed and shared. The mixture of operators and supplier members on one hand and the University research and Industry application on the other, give different perspectives on related issues. These knowledge sharing opportunities also create the right atmosphere to question industry experts during relatively informal discussion sessions.
Our website is www.sandmanagement.com
We have a Members-only Zone and a public area.
Within the Members Zone we boast of a Sand Management Information System consisting of the SMN Library, Technical database series, Members News & Events content, Contacts Database, Quick links & the SMN Discussion forum.
(c) copyright The Sand Management Network 2002 - 2020