Latest NewsView all
Register for 30 August 2018 Technical Forum - Sand Control Fluids Delivering Well PerformanceOur morning session will be an interactive discussion on the interpretat...
New dates for Technical ForumsThe final two Technical Forums for Phase 8 will be held on 6 June in Sta...
Call for Abstracts - Technical Forum, 2 November 2017At our last Technical Forum we focussed specifically on Downhole systems...
Tuesday 29th March 2016
29th March 2016 – Pre-conference Workshop
Sand management - drilling to production
Course co-ordinators: Tracey Ballard, Weatherford and Andrew Robertson, NOV
The workshop will provide drilling, completion, integrity and production engineers with an excellent overview of sand management, and enable them to understand the role of engineers out with their discipline. Asset managers who are new to sand-producing fields or who want a refresher on sand management technology and practices would also find this workshop very valuable. There will be some emphasis on issues with drilling fluid design for sand control completions.
The workshop includes a brief non-technical session posing a light-hearted challenge to some of the day-to-day assumptions we make, to encourage fresh thinking.
08:30-8.45 Registration and refreshments
- Introduction and context: Nexen
- How do you know if your well needs sand control? - aspects of rock mechanics: LR Senergy
- Laboratory procedures for sand control selection - particle sizing and retention testing: Weatherford and Corex
- Wellbore fluids and screens: BP
- Kraken reservoir drilling fluid selection: MI SWACO A Schlumberger Company
- Surface sand handling removal /cleaning strategies: NOV
- Sand Monitoring - Sand monitoring systems, techniques and applications: SMS
- Sand control selection procedure – Operator case study
Cost for SPE and SMN members £140 +VAT – book here
30th-31st March 2016
SPE Aberdeen & Sand Management Network 7th Sand Management Euroforum – 30th-31st March 2016 Sharing benchmark technologies and case studies
- Nicola Gordon, Global Production Development Manager, Shell International Exploration and Production
- Carigali Sdn Bhd, Specialist Studies Manager, Petronas
We invite you to participate in this specialist continuing education event to share knowledge and help drive forward and develop industry best practice.
The two-day conference addresses the issues of ‘Sand – a global challenge’ with presentations from leading operators and service companies in the sector.
Early Bird discount till 2nd March
Group booking – Book four and get a fifth place free
There are excellent opportunities for corporate sponsorship at the event. Cost-effective sponsorship of refreshment breaks, lunches and networking reception are available – see enquiries for contact details.
An accompanying exhibition is run to showcase the latest developments in sand management technology. These stands are manned during all refreshment and lunch breaks in the exhibition offering a high profile opportunity to companies.
General enquiries about the event and exhibition / sponsorship opportunities should be made to:
For more Information about Exhibition and sponsorship opportunities, Click here to View Website
Tel: +44 (0)1224 495051
PO BOX 10118
AB16 5WJ, UK
SPE Aberdeen Section website: www.spe-uk.org
Sand Management Network website: www.sandmanagement.com