Events Programme for Phase 9
Latest NewsView all
Call for abstracts for Feb 2019 Technical ForumThe Sand Management Network invites you to submit a presentation abstrac...
Events Programme for Phase 9Events programme for Phase 9: 20 Feb 19 – Technical Forum, Aberdee...
Register for 30 August 2018 Technical Forum - Sand Control Fluids Delivering Well PerformanceOur morning session will be an interactive discussion on the interpretat...
The Sand Management Network invites you to submit a presentation abstract for the upcoming members’ forum on the 20 Feb 2019.
Your company need not be members of the Sand Management Network to make a presentation.
Don't want to present but want to attend, click on register now at the bottom of this page to make your booking.
Morning Session – Sand Management for Open vs Cased Hole Wells
Sand production considerations can vary significantly between open and cased hole wells, which may necessitate different approaches to sand management. Abstracts and presentations are invited from interested parties that will address, but not be limited to, the following topics:
- To case or not to case, how do companies decide what to do?
- Drivers and challenges for open vs cased hole completions in unconsolidated formations
- Sand control technique selection in open vs cased hole wells
- Drilling and completion fluid considerations for sand management in open vs cased hole wells
- Lessons learned and best practices for sand management in open vs cased hole wells
Afternoon Session – Improving Sand Management through Collaboration
The industry is facing increased challenges from more extreme well conditions, a drive for improved efficiency, volatile oil prices and tighter regulation. Overcoming such challenges necessitates greater collaboration between Operators, Service Companies and Technology Providers, which forms the basis of this discussion.
Abstracts and presentations are invited from interested parties that will address, but not be limited to, the following topics:
- Delivering integrated sand management projects which require collaboration between multiple teams or companies
- Collaboration in technology development or testing for sand production environments
- Management processes and workflows to facilitate collaboration, both internally (between teams within a company) and externally (between multiple companies)
- Application of software and technology to improve teamwork and collaboration
- Lessons learned from failures in communication
- Challenges to data sharing and collaboration in the industry
Send your abstract (maximum 200 words) to the Sand Management Network Manager by email Katrina.firstname.lastname@example.org by 24 January 2019 latest.
Open to: Public
Details to be announced
Open to: Public
Events programme for Phase 9:
20 Feb 19 – Technical Forum, Aberdeen
Early April 19 – lunch and learn, Aberdeen
5 June 19 – Technical Forum, Bergen, Norway
Early October 19 – lunch and learn
Mid November 19 – Technical forum
Feb 20 - Technical Forum
March/April 20 – Euroforum
August 20 – lunch and learn