CALL FOR ABSTRACTS - SPE SMN 7th Sand Management Euroforum
Latest NewsView all
Call for abstracts for 15 June 2021The call for abstracts for the next SMN Online Technology Forum for Phas...
Call for abstracts for SMN Online - 25th Nov 2020The call for abstracts for the final SMN Technology Forum for Phase 9 is...
SMN Online - call for abstractsThe Sand Management Network invites you to submit a presentation abstrac...
SPE SMN 7th Sand Management Euroforum
30th - 31st March 2016
Aberdeen Exhibition & Conference Centre
Call for Abstracts - Deadline 30th September 2015
According to the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE), 70% of the world's oil and gas reserves are contained in reservoirs where sand production will become a problem at some point during the life of the field.
Although no exact figures exist, the cost to operators of sand production is estimated to run into tens of billions of dollars. Effective sand management is therefore a key driver to ensuring the ongoing productivity of both future and existing developments.
The 7th SPE SMN Sand Management Euroforum continues to build on the success of preceding conferences to provide a unique platform for operators, service companies and academics to share knowledge and to help drive forward and develop industry best practice.
Abstracts of 100 to 200 words are now invited for presentations. Presentations only, not full papers, will be required for the forum. Case studies describing success, lessons learned, including HSE and regulatory requirements, will be welcome. Topic areas of particular interest include:
- Sand management strategy development and implementation
- Rock strength and sanding prediction practices
- Downhole sand control selection and installation
- Design, installation and operation of surface facilities/topsides for
- sand management, including sand monitoring
- Solids lift/sand transport modelling
- Well preparation for optimal sand control
- Formation damage and sand management
- Sand control for unconventional resources/reserves including heavy
- oil, HPHT, condensate reservoirs and integration with intelligent wells
- Remedial sand control
- Water injection sand control and management
- ICDs in sand control
- Laboratory techniques and procedures used for sand control design
- and selection
- New technologies for downhole and surface sand management
- Maximising production while managing sand
- Surface equipment
- Monitoring, reliability and integrity
To find out more about exhibition and sponsorship opportunities, please contact the organisers.
Rodger and Co
PO Box 10118, Aberdeen AB16 5WJ
Tel +44 (0)1224 495051