CALL FOR ABSTRACTS - NETWORK TECHNICAL FORUM
Latest NewsView all
Call for abstracts for 15 June 2021The call for abstracts for the next SMN Online Technology Forum for Phas...
Call for abstracts for SMN Online - 25th Nov 2020The call for abstracts for the final SMN Technology Forum for Phase 9 is...
SMN Online - call for abstractsThe Sand Management Network invites you to submit a presentation abstrac...
The SMN Technology Showcase is a new event in the SMN portfolio and we want to profile our members who are innovative, leading edge companies breaking boundaries.
We are searching for members to tell us what exactly you are offering and why you are making a difference in your field. We are looking for submissions on new technology, demonstration in the field, research on your new technology, and application.
We will have a panel of judges who will select the top six applicants to go forward to present at the Showcase, and will then be sitting in on your presentation, asking some searching questions and finally evaluating and selecting a winner.
The eventual winner will be presented with a trophy.
This is a chance for you to shine and gain recognition across our network and social media channels. Each participant will be profiled in the run up in the event.
Details coming very soon
Open to: SMN Members
We are looking to showcase the up and coming talent for the sand management community, an excellent opportunity for students/early career graduates to profile their work in the field and/or projects they are working on in the industry.
- Are you a member of the Sand Management Network? Do you work with students or graduates who are excelling in their field? Would you wish to profile your work to the wider SMN group?
- Are you an academic member who wishes to nominate your rising stars in your organisation?
- Are you a student member who wants to profile your work/plans in the sand management network? Well talk to your focal point who will shortlist and nominate students.
If so, then we wish to hear from you.
We will have a panel of judges who will select the top six applicants to go forward to present at the competition, and will then be sitting in on your presentation, asking some searching questions and finally evaluating and selecting a winner.
Further details coming soon...
Open to: SMN Members
Sand Management Network Technology Forum
24th September 2015 - Aberdeen
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS Deadline 17th July
The Sand Management Network invites you to submit a presentation abstract for the upcoming members’ forum on the 24th of September 2015. Your company need not be members of the Sand Management Network to make a presentation as abstracts are selected based on their technical merit and adherence to the general theme.
For this next meeting the general theme will be weighted towards holistic field sand management strategies. Whether the strategy is or was to utilise sand exclusion or management at surface the forum would be very interested in hearing what the field strategy was, how it was implemented and what were the outcome. This extends into the use of remedial methods as part of the overall field strategy.
Topic areas of interest include:
- Chemical sand control – application of resin and other non-resin chemicals
- Extending well completion life through remedial planning
- Longer life completions strategy
- Development and application of new materials
- Erosion-free tubing materials
- New development materials – ceramics
- Sand disposal – discharge
- Cost reduction through design and lower specification
- Techniques to improve sand control reliability
o Damage tolerance
- Cost-effective and reliable sand control strategies without impairment
o Ultra to Extreme HPHT fields
- Reduce complexity of completions
- Tracer surveillance
o Remedial actions
o Prevention versus reactive
Upload your abstract (maximum 200 words) on www.rodgerandco.com
Alternatively, if you know of a presentation you’d like to hear from a company that is not a member of the Sand Management Network, please encourage them to submit an abstract.
The actual presentation will be required at least 2 weeks in advance of the workshop for review. It may include branding on the first/last slides only and must not be ‘sales pitch’ style. Presentations will be posted on the members’ website after the event. No documents will be handed out to attendees.
Sand Management Network Managers, Rodger and Co Email email@example.com Telephone +44(0)1224 495051
The Sand Management Network: A collaborative Network community dedicated to knowledge-sharing to promote effective sand management.